Visa for Canada

Apply for a Canadian visa

The Canadian immigration system

Everyone immigrating temporary or permanently to Canada requires a visa to enter the country. The immigration system is composed of different types of visa applications, and the visa you might be eligible for is highly depending on your intentions. For both temporary and permanent departure to Canada, you will need a visa. The various immigration programs focus mainly on the selection of economically valuable applicants.

Canada maintains a list in which all jobs and professions are divided into skill levels. This list is also called the ‘National Occupation Classification (NOC)’. The NOC list applied to all people who want to live and work in Canada based on a ‘Skilled Worker’ visa but is also used in most other visa categories.

In order to determine which visa you might be eligible for, it is important to identify several aspects. The visa opportunities depend on criteria established by Immigration and Citizenship Canada. An overview of the different types of visa categories is given below.

Canadian visa categories

Live and work in Canada – Skilled Worker

For the purposes of living and working in Canada, the Skilled Worker category is most fitting in most situations. If you are employed and can meet the requirements, you may be eligible in this category. However, if you are a self-employed entrepreneur but do not meet the criteria of the Business Class, this category could also be applicable to you.
Read more…

Doing business in Canada – Business Class

As the name suggests, this category applies to entrepreneurs and self-employed persons. Provided you have demonstrable management experience and are able to provide sufficient business results in your country of origin, you might be eligible for an application in this category. However, the opportunities for this visa stream are limited as only a few specific sectors are selected.
Read more…

Travel in Canada – eTA and Tourist Visa

When you have the intention to travel to Canada, for example for holidays, you need the right visa. For this, all information can be found on our website. However, if you still have questions or doubts, please contact our specialists.
Read more…

Work, study or doing your internship in Canada

To perform your internship or traineeship in Canada, you will also need the correct visa, even if this concerns an unpaid placement. Obtaining this visa requires accuracy and punctuality and is not guaranteed. Therefore, it is very important that you start your application early and avoid any mistakes. Furthermore, there are options for people who want to work and travel in Canada for a temporary period up to a year, or for students.
Read more…